Friday, April 18, 2008

Narrative


I remember that photograph. I found this photograph in my attic where it was shoved into a pile of old books I used to write. It was amazing how old this picture was. When I glanced at the picture I finally realized it was my best friend and soul mate. That photograph brought back memories that I will never forget. It was a chilly and weary day in the daytime where the sky was gray and everyone was inside. It felt like it was just my girl and I in our own world. She was beautiful. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her in which I knew she was the one for me. I was only 3 years old but I already knew what my affections towards her were. I wasn’t like most 3 year olds. I was romantic and thoughtful little boy.

Back in the 1950’s my neighbor and I would go to the beach and play with our toy trucks and amuse ourselves with our shovel and pail. It filled me up with much enjoyment.
“Mommy can I got to the beach today with Lilly?” I asked.
“Yes hunny. But you need to take your nap and then I can take you.” Mother replied.
“Ok mommy ill take my nap now.” I said.
I was cheerful and happy right after my nap. I arrived at the beach with my mommy and waited until my mom unstrapped me from my car seat. I saw her gorgeous face and gave her a huge hug when I approached her. Her beautiful blue eyes and angelic face made my heart race. It was love at first sight. While walking down the beach, I grabbed her hand and she grabbed mine. Looking at the view made the moment everlasting.
This photograph brought back so many memories to when I was young and in love. I am now 72 years old and married to my Lilly. I showed her that photograph and we both started to shed tears. It was an instant connection that will be remembered. I will always love her and she will always love me.

No comments: