Friday, February 8, 2008

Romance IV


This painting Romance IV, created by Jan Alexandra Rae. The artist quotes "apart from painting, dancing tango is my passion in life. I interpret this dance as a stude in connection, and painting about the dance is a way of integrating these two creative fields." This piece is one of the most famous in her section of romance.
The composition of the piece is showing two people dancing romantically. The image's hue reveals compassion, wealth, and love. Based on the value of the image, the shades are shown to look darker rather than lighter, just to show the mood of the piece. The image creates harmony by the way the two people are dancing and kissing. The shaping of the bodies highlight the whole image.
It was Valentine's Day! Finally! I could not wait to see what my man had planned for us this evening. As I finished up getting ready, I heard the doorbell ring. It was him; I was so happy and jolted to the door. He had a bouquet of roses in his hand waiting to give them to me. He also had something behind his back. I asked him, "What you hiding back there?" He pulled out a huge box of chocolates! My favorite! It was the start of a perfect evening. The he had asked me, "Are you ready, Hun? We have to make it to dinner. I made reservations!" With a huge smile on my face, I took his hand in mine and went off. Once we arrived we ordered our food and heard music playing and I saw couples getting up to dance. I hesitated to ask him. Everytime I ask him to dance he gets so mad. But me, trying to be cute, I ask. "No, babe can we at least eat. I'm starving!" It was quiet for a bit then all of a sudden, I hear some guy on a microphone saying our names. I was confused? Then a light flashed onto us and he gets up and asks me, "May I have this dance?" I gracefully took his hand and we were the only couple on the floor. And its not only any song, it's our first song that we dedicated to ourselves. He told me he took lessons for me and finally told me he loved me. It was a perfect night...of romance.

1 comment:

Jess said...

this is such a good picture! i love your story too :)