Monday, February 25, 2008


The photograph was taken by the person who also took the photography for the film, A Walk to Remember, took a picture of a boy holding his girlfriend while looking at the stars. The film and the photography were done in 2002. Love and loss run throughout two very young lives. Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan who are two people who find themselves unexpectedly are thrown together after a practical joke between Landon and his friends which leaves a boy in the hospital. One day Landon brings up the courage to ask for her help with his lines for a spring play. Through trials and problems leading up to this play, Landon somehow falls in love with the beautiful minister’s daughter abandoning his friends to be with her. Landon shares a true love with the girl, but a heart breaking secret lies between the couple, which makes his relationship with Jamie stronger.
When looking at the photograph, the viewer’s eyes are drawn to the focal point which is the girl lying on her boyfriend looking at the stars. They stand out because of the lightness shining upon them. Aesthetically, it is very pleasing to look at because of the light hues which bring out the whole image. The tone of the photograph shows shades of darkness that circles the photograph. The field of brown in the background demonstrates values of brown and yellow. The image balances out the colors which treats each color and part equally.
I’ve been so alone, and even worse than being alone I have cancer. But ever since I’ve been with my new boyfriend, things have been amazing! Although my dad made him leave once he dropped me off at my house, I got out of it by meeting him at this field to be with him more. It was so romantic. He brought us not only one blanket but two. He makes me feel so comfortable. He even brought me hot chocolate for the morning. And not only that, he named a star after me! It was the best moment of my life, I couldn’t ask for anything better. I love him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

That is a really good connection to romance. I love that movie, it's so sweet and cute! I like how you connected it to your concept.

alaryce said...

Jeepers, this movie is my fave. Looking at stars is so romantic. This picture is perfect for your concept.

Michelle Lee said...

I really love that movie so I think it is a great picture for your concept.

Judy said...

This is a really good picture for this concept. I really liked how you used this picture for this concept. This was one of my favorite movies of all time.